Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Editorial for Volume one of The Ruthin Trilogy

Devon Ruthin and A Vampire in Love

I wrote this book with the intention of having a completely different reader audience from the one I have written for before. I have to say I enjoyed writing this book immensely. I began to really like the main vampire character even though I had started out to dislike him. Oddly towards the end of the book I like him more than the other main male character. It's his complex and unpredictable vampire character which still retains some kind of childlike quality that I like. The story is much darker than might first appear and I wonder if, plus hope, readers will get the irony within the plots. I also hope readers will appreciate the title, which I thought about for a long time. It reflects the duality of Drew and tells us how different Devon sees himself from Drew. The vampire community was such fun to formulate and I wanted them all to have retained human behaviours. There are many people that I have actually met combined into the group of characters in the book, naturally no one person is described wholly but especially within the vampire community traits are sprinkled across the 'players'.
The book is adult paranormal romance, so we have love, sex, romance, lies, trickery, magic, strange beings, killings and fun.
I have already started book two and in Volume one there is a preview of the second book. 
Devon Ruthin and a Vampire in Love, Volume One of The Ruthin Trilogy will be available around October 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment it will be published shortly.