Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sample Sunday great fun with this sexy excerpt from guest author Deanna Chase

This week's Sample Sunday Romantic excerpt comes from guest author Deanna Chase and her novel Haunted in Bourbon Street
Excerpt
I dug into my daily muffin, washed it down with an iced latte and leaned against the cupboards with my eyes closed. My back ached. I made a mental date with my tub.

The swinging door to the front of the cafĂ© creaked. “Just a few more minutes, I promise,” I said.

“Take as long as you need,” a deep, husky voice replied.

My eyes flew open, spotting Kane moving toward me. Where had he come from? I jolted up out of my slouch, preparing to leap off the counter, but Kane blocked me, making it impossible. His eyes roamed over my body, as if taking inventory. My stomach fluttered, and I said a silent thanks I was sitting when my knees turned to jelly. Damn.

“Can I help you?” I asked in a stiff, formal voice.

“Sure, any time.” He moved in close.

“Uh, I mean, do you need something? Now?”

“Yes, I do.” He leaned in with his right arm holding his weight on the shelf over my head.

I tried to form the word what, but as his face came closer I lost all rational thought. Wanting to taste him, to feel his lips on mine, I closed the distance between us and was rewarded with the slightest brush of a kiss. Kane’s warm lips lingered on mine while his free hand caressed my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. The kiss swiftly turned heated as our lips parted with urgency. He tasted faintly of mocha and cinnamon. I pressed closer, anxious for more.

My mind stopped working altogether, and I let myself get lost in the delicious intensity of his expert mouth. Unaware of how it happened, my arms and legs somehow wrapped themselves around his waist. He pressed his hips closer, pushing me up against the cupboards.

His excitement became apparent in more than the bulge pressing against my jeans. Intense need, exactly as I dreamt the night before, took over my senses. My blood boiled, and I ached to feel him, all of him. Desperate to regain control, I pulled away.

He took a step back, smiling a devilish grin. “That wasn’t exactly what I meant, but thanks all the same.” He held a sleeve of coffee cups in his right hand. “I stopped in for a second, and Pyper asked me to get these.”

I tilted my head and spotted the inventory of extra cups.

Shit.


 
Buy:   Haunted on Bourbon Street

Author Bio:
Deanna is a native Californian, transplanted to the slower paced lifestyle of southeastern Louisiana. When she isn't writing, she is often goofing off with her husband in New Orleans, playing with her two shih tzu dogs, making glass beads, or out hocking her wares at various bead shows across the country. For more information and updates on newest releases visit her blog at
www.deannachase.com