Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A big welcome to guest author Meredith Walters

Welcome to Meredith Walters my guest author this weekend



Meredith Walters has been writing since childhood and is also the author of Irresistible Fear, the first book in a paranormal romance trilogy.  Having recently made the big move from America to the other side of the pond, to jolly ol' England, she has been afforded the opportunity to write full time.  Before that, Meredith spent a decade as a counselor for troubled and abused children and teens.  Working first at a Domestic Violence shelter and then later in a therapeutic program for at risk youth.  The experiences and interactions with her clients has been the creative drive behind most of her writing.

When not pecking away at the keyboard, Meredith loves spending time with her husband and daughter exploring the English country side and attempting to cook.  While she may not be very good at it, that doesn't stop her from trying.

Hi Meredith tell us a little about your writing, 


I love writing about real life issues.  My first book Irresistible Fear, while a paranormal romance, dealt with the issues of child abuse and neglect.  My new book, Find You in the Dark, is a story about a girl trying to save the boy she loves from his own mind.  The romantic hero, Clay, suffers from bi-polar disorder.  I wanted to show the impact of mental health on the romantic relationship and how it effects everything.  My writing can be pretty dark at times, but I always try to show the resilience inside of people.  That there is always that little glimmer of that thing called hope.

Meredith is sharing Find you in the Dark with us today.
  


Maggie Young had the market on normal.  Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life.  

Until him.

Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down.  He never thought he had a chance at happiness.

Until her.

Maggie thought their love could overcome anything.  Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life.  

That together, they could face the world.

But the darkness is always waiting.  

Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.

Excerpt
 

I shook my head, my thoughts were fuzzy and my chest felt tight. This roller coaster we were on needed to stop. I wrenched backwards, away from Clay's grip. Clay looked panicked and tried to reach for me again. I shook my head and he dropped his hands to his side. He looked at me as though I were breaking his heart, which was nuts because I had no idea I even had it. "When you're in a room, Maggie, all I see is you. You make everything better. Clearer. You stop the crazy noise in my head. I can think, hell I can breathe when we're together. What you make me feel is the most unbelievable and scary think I've ever felt." My eyes went wide at his confession. I didn't want to say anything, not wanting to break the spell we found ourselves in.
"I never thought I deserved to be happy. With all the shit that went down in Florida, it felt like my life was over. Moving here to Virginia might as well have been a death sentence. But then you literally ran into me." We both laughed at his choice of words, easing the tension a fraction.
Clay grabbed my hands and placed them over his heart. I could feel the erratic beat beneath my palm. "You ran into my life. This beautiful, amazing girl who changed everything. I finally saw what my world could be. What normal and happy could look like for me. You've given me everything I never though I could have! It scares me to think of life without you. Of not seeing your smile or hearing your voice. So when you didn't stop me from going off with Dana and then went and danced with that asshole, I thought you were telling me loud and clear that I didn't have a chance with you. And all I could see was my life without you in it. And it was a fucking dark and horrible place."
I closed my eyes, feeling the prick of tears behind my eyelids. How could I stay angry when he was saying everything I had wanted to hear since I had met him? Even in the midst of this whirlwind, he made me feel alive and adored. What girl could resist that combination?
All of my concerns swirled around my head, making a decision difficult. And then he put his mouth to mine. The whisper soft touch of his lips and everything-my worries, my concerns, my doubts about our future, were lost in the amazing feeling of his mouth, his tongue, and the light nips of his teeth on my bottom lip.
We kissed for awhile, his hands getting tangled in my hair, my fingers making their way underneath the back of his jacket, clutching his skin. I could barely breathe and I knew I was going under. I was drawn down by the strong undertow. Down into what seemed to be a delicious darkness. And I was happy to lose myself in it.



Find Meredith online,






Buy Find you in the Dark
 http://www.amazon.com/Find-You-Dark-ebook/dp/B009PBUUDC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment it will be published shortly.