Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome to author Elodie Parkes who is celebrating a new release erotic paranormal romance Swoop on Love




Hi Tessa, 
Thank you for inviting me to the blog today. I'm talking about the inspiration behind Swoop on Love.
One day as I was traveling across country in my day job, I came across a sign pointing to an interestingly named place. Unable to help myself I took the turning and found a small village. There was a large open space in front of what appeared to be an old Inn. It was deserted and in bad shape. On the grassy space was the post where the sign for the Inn must have hung in better days. I photographed it because I suddenly had the idea for the story ‘Swoop on Love’ drop into my mind.
By the time I had crossed the next county to get the highway east home, I had the plot and characters firmly fixed in my mind.

Swoop on Love
Lured to the place by its intriguing name, Jeanie was to find no owls lived there, but someone or thing does…will she realize before it’s too late?

Suspense…shifters…sex…and love

Jeanie explores her new neighborhood and finds a strange little road leading to a place with an intriguing name. Owlswick. It’s Saturday and she has no plans, as usual, why not drive down this road? What she finds there is even more fascinating than the place name, and to her delight, a very attractive man lives there. Too bad he’s furious with her for taking a photograph. Why is that? What will Jeanie find when she checks the picture out at home later?
A love story, graphic sex scenes and a twist of fantasy suspense, 18+

Read an excerpt
She turned her car in the wide part of the road. The bird that flew so close to her car was perched on top of the sign in the middle of the grassy square. It gazed off into the distance, its massive wings folded down. Jeanie stopped her car and picked up her camera from the passenger seat. She adjusted the focus and carefully got out of the car door. She watched the bird, careful with her movements. She didn’t want to scare it away.
She got a few photographs before it looked straight at her, shook its head, and in a majestic movement, took off into the air. Jeanie stared after the bird. It soared high, making a strange cry, half screech, and half whistle. Only a black shape remained against the blue sky in the distance, when a man approached her.
He closed in on her before she knew he was there at all. A prickle of fear ran up her spine as she read the expression on his face. Fury.
“Hey, this place isn’t open to the public now. Did you just photograph the bird?”
Jeanie instinctively put her hand behind her back, holding her camera.
“No, it flew away before I could.” She shook her head to add weight to her lie. The man scared her, even as she took in his astonishing good looks. He lost the angry glare as he held up his hand.
“Sorry, I must seem really rude. I’m Reed. I have The Art Barn over there. I heard the bird cry. He’s usually silent, so I thought I’d check it out.” He waved the hand at the low roofed building, and then ran it through his dark hair.
Copyright Elodie Parkes 2013
*****
Buy the book:


About Elodie:
Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal or suspense. Her books are always steamy, cool stories and hot love scenes.
Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique shop by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent, darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home.
She has also released titles as an individual indie author.


Elodie is running a giveaway for the book launch. Enter the draw via the rafflecopter with just a comment on the blog, to win a $10 or £10 Amazon gift card.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tess,
    Thank you for hosting me today with Swoop on Love. Great blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment it will be published shortly.